Supporting Your Children
Maintaining Financial Consistency
Before, during and especially after a divorce, children have special needs — legal, emotional and financial. Consistent fulfillment of these needs is the key to a well-adjusted upbringing for your child or children.
If you are a former spouse and co-parent who has not received the child support you were supposed to, or if you are a provider of child support whose lost job or sudden illness has negatively impacted your ability to pay, the assistance of a skilled family law attorney is essential.
How We Can Help
The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC, can be a constant source of support, guidance and sensitivity as you accompany your child into a post-divorce future. Our founding attorney can explain child support responsibilities, legal options and sound strategies when you need a settlement agreement modification. His over 20 years of service to family law clients in Fairfield County and New Haven County has built a well-known reputation for results.
Streamlining The Process
Our Shelton child support lawyer supplies you with the information you need to make sound decisions on child support. He can assist with a full range of child support-related concerns, including:
- Informing you about state guidelines on income-based appropriate levels of financial support, and how those obligations can change as a child’s college years approach
- Petitioning the court for an enforcement of child support payments
- Working with you to revise your divorce agreement’s child support features
- Determining paternity to establish parental rights
- Enforcing child support payments
Everything our law offices do for you, to resolve your child support issue, is aimed at protecting the best interests of your child. Our family law services are easily adaptable, to fit your family’s unique situation. Your wishes receive the respect they deserve at all times.
Free Initial Consultations At Your Home Or Office
Are you without the child support you need or being asked to pay too much? James Cuddy can mediate, negotiate or litigate for the outcome you are seeking. Contact him today by phone or email. We offer free consultations at your home or office if you are unable to travel to our Shelton, Connecticut, office. To contact us by phone, call 203-583-8256 local or 866-785-4409 toll-free.
- Child Custody And Visitation In Marriage and Non-Marriage Cases
- Enforcement Of Foreign Judgments And Out-Of-State Court Orders
- Same-Sex Divorce
- Child Support
- Property Division
- Post-Divorce And Post-Custody Modifications
- Collaborative Divorce
- Establishing Paternity
- Parental Relocations
- Prenuptial, Postnuptial And Legal Separation Agreements
- Protective/Restraining Orders/Domestic Violence
- Post-Judgment Contempt And Enforcement