Call To Find Your Way Forward 203-583-8256

The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC

Call To Find Your Way Forward 203-583-8256

Call To Find Your Way Forward 203-583-8256

Direct, Honest And Fair Family Law Solutions

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Post-Judgment Contempt And Enforcement

Assisting Connecticut Clients With Enforcement Matters

A custody, visitation or spousal support decree is a court order, which means both parties have the expectation of abiding by the terms in the order. When one party does not adhere to the terms or meet his or her obligations, it can lead to complications, financial stress and other difficulties. In some situations, it may be necessary to take legal action to compel the other party to do as ordered by the decree.

Lawyer James Cuddy helps individuals seek enforcement of divorce orders, including those who originally divorced in another state and then moved to Connecticut. If you are lacking the support you need or the other parent is impacting custody and visitation arrangements because of his or her refusal to cooperate, The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC, can help. Through specific legal steps, we can hold your former spouse accountable for his or her actions.

Help For You After Your Divorce Is Final

The finalization of your divorce does not mean that you will not experience any further complications. In fact, post-divorce issues can be just as difficult and stressful for you and your children. When clients turn to us for help, we quickly assess the situation in order to take quick action on their behalf. If the other party refuses to comply, we will seek a motion for contempt. Reasons to do this include:

  • Refusal to abide by the court-ordered visitation schedule
  • Failure to divide property as ordered by the court
  • Nonpayment of child support or spousal support
  • Failure to transfer retirement savings as ordered

After filing a contempt motion, the court may mandate that the other party pay what he or she owes you, stick to the visitation schedule and do other things specifically outlined in the court order. It may also be possible for you to recover your legal fees.

Need Help With Enforcement? Contact Our Shelton Office.

Our office is conveniently located in Shelton, and we proudly serve those throughout New Haven and Fairfield counties. If you have questions about enforcement of your divorce-related court orders, our experienced attorney can help. Contact us online or call either 203-583-8256 or toll free at 866-785-4409. We offer initial consultations for prospective clients.