Call To Find Your Way Forward 203-583-8256

The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC

Call To Find Your Way Forward 203-583-8256

Call To Find Your Way Forward 203-583-8256

Direct, Honest And Fair Family Law Solutions

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Enforcement Of Foreign Judgments And Out-Of-State Court Orders

Ensuring Your Ex Abides By The Terms Of Your Divorce Order

Divorce is a time of emotional and financial upheaval, and the finalization of the process can bring you great relief. You may think the hard part is over, but you could face additional complications and stress if your ex-spouse refuses to abide by the terms of your current divorce order. James Cuddy of The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC, can help you walk through these challenging circumstances.

Enforcing the terms of custody, child support or spousal support orders can be complex, especially if you finalized your divorce in another state before moving to Connecticut. Our attorney understands the importance of a timely and reasonable solution to these concerns, and he will help you understand your options and guide you through the most appropriate course of action.

How Does Enforcement Work?

If you find yourself facing difficulties because your spouse will not abide by the terms of a family court order, we can help. Divorce orders are legally enforceable, which means unless there is a formal, court-approved modification to the original order, all parties must adhere to it. Enforcement issues can pertain to the following divorce-related orders:

  • Child custody and visitation orders
  • Spousal support and alimony orders
  • Child support orders

Our lawyer helps individuals who divorced in another state before moving to Connecticut work through enforcement matters. As it is, a foreign or out-of-state order is not enforceable under state laws. The first step is to domesticate the order, which is to make it a Connecticut court order. After this step, we can help you seek an enforcement of the current terms of the order or seek a modification that would better suit your needs.

The ultimate goal for our law firm is to support our family law clients as they seek a beneficial outcome to their concerns, helping them protect their individual rights, post-divorce futures and the best interests of their children.

We Can Explain Your Options

What is the first step to have your divorce order enforced? Contact the Shelton location of The Law Offices of James A. Cuddy, LLC, to learn how we can help you navigate through these challenges. Call toll-free at 866-785-4409 or locally at 203-583-8256. You can also email us to schedule a free consultation with our attorney.